Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Google Adsense

I have on several occations read about web publishers who have been banned by Google Adsense for so called click fraud, either by clicking the ads themselves or encouraging others to click on them.

First of all ... Google Adsense does not pay enough to make it worth while to cheat. I have had an account with them for about 2 years, and have still not reached the payout limit of US$100.

Second ... the whole idea of having ads on your website is to get people to click on them. That's what advertising is all about, and that's what advertisers pay us for. So what is the problem?

You see, I was recently banned by Google Adsense and was told that I can never ever open a new account with them again! Ever!

I mentioned that I was only a couple of dollars away from the payout limit. Here is a theory ... the reason Google make so much money is because they avoid paying people what they owe them. They owe me US$97. I want my money!!! I earned them!

The way Google conduct business is despicable. Sooner or later it will come back to haunt them. I used to admire Google and the creators behind the company, but now ... they have sunk to low for my taste. It's time they step up and take responsability for their actions.